For Ben, the crypto hearings in the U.S. Senate – a whole bunch of them, actually! – really marked this year. Now it’s clear cryptocurrencies have some prominent opponents on Capitol Hill including Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.). What will the crypto politics be in 2022? Ben has some ideas.
On another regulatory note, this year the U.S. started an offensive on illegal crypto use, and also demonstrated that the seemingly decentralized and global world of blockchains is not above sanctions policies. That offensive might expand in 2022, Anna believes.
And, of course, NFTs! What would characterize this year better? Whether the hype will die down or the NFT wave will keep engulfing the world in 2022 is up in the air, but Ben, Anna and Danny have theories to share.
Also in this episode: Ben singing and Danny as the Crypto Grinch. Enjoy your holidays!
Mentioned in this episode:
- Robert Reich: The crypto-congressional complex
- Senate Banking Committee Bashes Bitcoin’s ‘Phony’ Populism
- This Imprisoned Russian Artist Is Selling NFTs to Support His Family and Fellow Inmates
- ConsenSys Suddenly Bars Iranian Students From Ethereum Coding Class
- Chatex Users Ask US Treasury to Release Crypto Frozen by Sanctions
This episode was produced, announced and edited by Michele Musso. Our Holiday theme music is by Hill and Dresden.